artversussport

This blog will be dedicated to the beautiful passions of life: Food, Film, Football (Barça), Philosophy, Literature, Art and Humanity.

Sunday, February 03, 2008

I believe

It felt like it was going to be one of those nights where all you want to do is scream:
You are idiots.
However, thanks to a goal in the dying minutes (thanks Xavi) - Barcelona do have a more realistic chance to get closer and who knows on top of Madrid.
I felt it was going to be a night of creeping under my blanket in order to dream dreams of the cups: Champions League and the Copa de Rey, but no.
Tomorrow looks slightly brighter than last Monday.
It should wake me up early, early as the day is there to breathe in, breathe in like a crisp cold winter night, when the pinkish light is throwing its light on the mountains (at least in the North). Perhaps I will take my seats off for sale and actually go to the stadium. In the last weeks, I just haven't really had the energy nor the lust to be bored, bored to death, with the pim pam bla bla bla, masturbating indulgent vulgar play of the team.
From now on I will hope to see some soul, some character, some spirit, where nothing is taken for granted nor nothing is thought to be lost, until the end.

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Ulague said...

I had this talk with Diego Klimowicz...first half, well, you can't blame them, they tried. Second half was terrible though, and if it wasn't for the "germans"(no, not Schuster, los hermanos) and others bashing Xavi left and right, we wouldn't have scored probably. That was karma...
although I lost a bit of life that game, it still felt great.

7:25 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

True, it's my firm belief that nobody other than Xavi could have scored this goal.

Since, after this barely watchable second half, the guys just didn't deserve it anymore. It was the same no-balls-display as in the last 15 minutes at San Mamés and as in so many other situations over the last months.

But Xavi, damn... After all the bad things said and written about him lately - that was poetic justice with no poem!

And well, there's a little, little bit of hope that the guys eventually might learn something from a WIN, since they are obviuosly unable to learn anything from all those unnecessary losses and draws. I doubt it, though.

And for the league... Under normal circumstances it's over. Madrid's calendar is much too easy. Still, they have this Champions League match-up with our good friends from Rome. First knockout round of the Champions League is always tricky and can have all sorts of consequences on a season.

However, I don't see Barcelona win in Sevilla on Saturday. And, well, then...

10:44 PM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

@ jordi
don't really get the joke about germans, know there are many jokes about them.
I think that perhaps that this is what the club needed, some kind of psychological injection, as sport is so psychological, it is all about those tiny details.

I know that Barça in the past have been exceptionally arrogant, but I think that know it is a mixture of things and that includes weak souls.
Perhaps they will see that to fight until the end, giving it all pays off.
Something long forgotten (and something I really admire with RM)

@Diego
In some way I think that perhaps it is a bit harsh to criticise them, as the pitch was awful, you could see that the players had no control over it. You are right, I think that perhaps they might learn something.
The team's lack of performances is a mystery. Perhaps they lack iron.
I think both teams will drop silly points, but let's hope, without getting arrogant.

10:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home