artversussport

This blog will be dedicated to the beautiful passions of life: Food, Film, Football (Barça), Philosophy, Literature, Art and Humanity.

Thursday, February 07, 2008

My Life



This is what I ideally want. Perhaps utopic, but I want to continue my working pattern from December, before I went to Iceland.
In Spain I am finding people talking too much, no space for silence, something extremely important. I almost long for the autistic long dark winters, like the ones in Iceland now, where you can hardly leave the house.
I am still looking for the place, the place where you go to the sea, the immense overwhelming sea (not the cute Mediterranean) and on a needed day you just stand there, overlooking or not looking or whatever. If you are angry you shout, if you are sad you cry, if you just are, you just are.

Here is my daily schedule -
07.30 - the alarm clock rings
08.00 - i get out of bed
08.05 - i drink a glass of juice
08.15 - i go out on the terrace with my skipping rope to jump
08.25 - have breakfast, read the news online
08.45 - shower
09.00 - study (alternating - watching films, reading on films and working on my own film)
13.00 - Every other day I cook (the other day I study until 14.00)
14.00 - lunch
14.30 - leave home
16.00 - my class starts
19.45 - take the train home
21.00 - have dinner
21.30 - watercolouring

This is Monday to Friday. Sometimes I go to the stadium in the week, sometime I meet up with someone. Max two evenings in the week, preferably one.
Saturday and Sunday -
I can have one day off, the other one is dedicated to watching films, reading, writing and watercolouring.

My Favourite Turks Yoghurt Recipe:

- 1 lt of milk
- a handful of yogurt yeast. another good yogurt would do if you
cannae find yeast.

- bring milk to boil, and let it boil for a while afterwards (say 20 mins)
- when milk has cooled down to a point slightly cooler than a
temperature at which you can bathe a baby in summer (as my granny
would say),
put yogurt yeast in the milk, cover it with a towel (sides and top)
and leave it for a day. dont move it around.
make sure yeast is about the same temp when you put it in. warm it
up slightly for that *before* you put it in.

enjoy.


Ps. This is my plan - not sure if it is realistic.

Image: England (Bridge & Gerrard), down and dirty after falling flat against Croatia.

Labels: , ,

3 Comments:

Blogger Emili said...

I think that this way of life of your country is not very different to that we have in Catalunya. Yes, specially when it refers to the schedule of launch or dinner for ex. Your labour day is like ours, but I wonder how must be the big difficult to adapt it in your pers calendar. Then, finally is similar in since as Iceland like Catalunya don´t you believe it?

3:05 AM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

The schedule in Iceland is totally different from this one.
The countries are not similar at all, not at all.
This is a schedule in Spain, not Iceland.

9:47 AM  
Blogger Wendy Russell said...

I like the plan because I like the dream. The problem is sticking to it. What are we if we stick to this? And what are we if we don't? My plans like this always fail, thus do my dreams.

3:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home