artversussport

This blog will be dedicated to the beautiful passions of life: Food, Film, Football (Barça), Philosophy, Literature, Art and Humanity.

Tuesday, March 04, 2008

Look After This KID!!!


I made this watercolour a while ago, when Leo was receiving all these kicks and bites from opposite players. It was a cry out for protection.

The only thought I have in my mind is Leo's injury. Once again. It really feels, and my it caused tears filling my eyes. Valdés reaction said so much.
Some might say that Rijkaard is lucky as he won't have to choose between the forwards, but NO NO NO. It is no luck. Messi is surely asking himself if he will ever be able to make history. If he is sentenced to play a side part, if he will only be able to play 25 percent of the games in a season.
This career is so delicate and so short and i would like all parts to protect him and that he should concentrate on becoming what we all know that he will become. Concentrate on what he can give us.

Watching the image of Messi crying was like having a blunt rusty knife cutting through ones organs. Unbearable.

Labels: , ,

6 Comments:

Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

Nate
I reply to you here, if you come back that will say. Glad you like the watercolours, I just do them and keep them in a drawer, that said I only started making watercolours in September (even if I drew before that).
So far you are not missing out that much, by watching Barça, so far we are just going, anant fent.
Thanks for your nice words.
and good luck to your team.

10:19 PM  
Blogger Ulague said...

I have never felt this bad after a win. I have never felt that much pain seeing a player injured.
Anims Leo!

10:37 PM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

The sad thing, is that it won't be the last time.
A while ago I read that due to his superficial growth (that he had to inject himself hormones in order to grow) causes this muscular problem.
I hope it can be solved, but I fear that we will only see a fraction of him during the season.

11:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bremen 2006, Samuel's knee (okay, was not a win, was a stolen draw) felt worse to me. But besides that...

Still, this injury today made me physically sick to the point that I couldn't watch the final minutes of the first half and instead sat myself down in a corner. I can't remember having experienced anything like that before.

Probably came from the combination of him really still being a kid who needs to be protected, him being injury prone, the prospect of playing the Copa return leg, Champions League Quarterfinals and x amount of Liga games without him - and the outrageous spectacle Catalan media were staging after the defeat at the Calderón (i.e. blaming Rijkaard for resting Leo there).

http://www.sport.es/vivo/recursos/fotos/foto_273/foto_273228_CAS.jpg

Només futbol, és només futbol.

11:21 PM  
Blogger Yrsa Roca Fannberg said...

Puyol has just criticised the press, perhaps on this occasion, it is not the press that puts pressure on him playing, as I believed he would have played without that pressure, but they do have a huge blame in things. I believe it is thanks to the press the club only has two European Cups.
They tend to look more after their own interests (following Murdoch) than the team they supposedly support.
Cheap on many occasions and a usage of scarce intelligence.
And if you happen to criticise the press, they are as offended as if you rxped their mother. Pretentious, makes me really angry.

Eto'o has not really returned since that game.

11:26 PM  
Blogger Emili said...

I hope that for the next time... and the medical services of fcb have more patience and do not precipitate according that opinions

(for exemple about reappearance of some sort of players as already we have seen with great lionel messi because it depends ever...)

5:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home